Log In
Name:
Pass:
Online Members (0)
No members are currently online.
Current Interguild Time:
Sat Jan 23 2021 3:49 pm
Member Chat Box  [click here to enlarge]
Recent Posts and Comments
Awards:

Author: krotomo
Game: Hannah and the Pirate Caves
Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 9:57 am

Part of the Series: Alphabet

[?] Karma: +1

Description:
up on kreotomo

User Rating: (Log in to rate)
9.3 out of 10
Amazing!
3 votes
Difficulty Rating: (Log in to rate)
2.8/5 — Normal
2 votes

Dimensions: 65x57 — Treasures: 10 — Water: None


Level Code:


OR [Open Uploader Page without Uploading]

Link to this level:
ShareThis
Jump to nearby level:

Show/Hide Options

User Comments (13)
« Forum Index < The Hannah and the Pirate Caves Board

Isa
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Sunday, November 8 2009, 2:27 pm EST
No. I'm an octopus.

Age: 28
Karma: 686
Posts: 7833
Gender: Male
Location: Uppsala, Sweden - GMT +1
pm | email
9.7/10
Amazing!
2.7/5 — Normal
I need to play your caves more often. This cave was absolutely AMAZING. I enjoyed playing very much - it wasn't too hard, I managed to get pretty far on my first try (got 7/10 chests) and had really fun while playing it. Absolutely stunning. Very good job.
canadianstickdeath
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Tuesday, November 10 2009, 6:17 pm EST

Age: 31
Karma: 350
Posts: 2990
Gender: Male
pm | email
I don't think it's possible? There's a secret area in the double-boulder pushing section that blocks an arrow that supposed to allow me to reach a secret area, and then a boulder to push to get into the room with the final treasure. I don't think it'd cause any problem, though, if you just removed it?

Also, in the double-boulder pushing section, if you use a trick to make a boulder fall through the floor (and you shouldn't need both boulders up at the top in order to stop the flying dynamite), you can stop the next dynamite trap from happening, also providing another way to get back to the door at the end. It's not the biggest deal, 'cause the trick is both hard to find and to execute.

And did you know I can use invincibility to go right, at the start, right? That's not gonna cause any problems, is it? The only thing I can think of that would help you is that you can destroy a wooden crate now, in order to increase you chances of surviving an already-easy dynamite trap. I could also do a couple of traps now, and then head back to the start, but I don't know why you'd bother with that...
krotomo
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Tuesday, November 10 2009, 6:41 pm EST
The Shepherd

Age: 20
Karma: 249
Posts: 4066
Gender: Male
Location: My chair
pm | email
canadianstickdeath said:
I don't think it's possible? There's a secret area in the double-boulder pushing section that blocks an arrow that supposed to allow me to reach a secret area, and then a boulder to push to get into the room with the final treasure. I don't think it'd cause any problem, though, if you just removed it?


There. fixed.
canadianstickdeath
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Tuesday, November 10 2009, 7:17 pm EST

Age: 31
Karma: 350
Posts: 2990
Gender: Male
pm | email
Lol, I just totally messed up, and pushed the bottom boulder too early, so they didn't end up pushing at the same time, but then, MIRACLE!, the top boulder TURNED AROUND! Not only did I not die, I could still push the bottom boulder! But, it wasn't over yet. After hitting the dynamite, I still had to push what-was-the top boulder over to the other boulder, so that it could be blown up, and there was JUST enough time. WOAH!

Why did you change it so much, lol. Couldn't you have just removed the secret area? Anyway...

I have another question. How am I supposed to both, get the last treasure, and get to the door? So after I get the treasures up at the top, I can either go for the treasure, or head for the door. If I go for the treasure, then I can't knock down the metal crates to allow me to get to the door. I could try reaching the wooden crates from below, but it's too far. I can't hit them down during the speed trap, because one will get blown up from the dynamite, and if I wait for the right time to knock it down, I can't finish the rest of the trap in time. If I let one get blown up, there's no boulders to push down along with the metal crate. Then, if I head for the door instead (where I can knock the metal crate down), there's no way to get to the other side of the secret area. If I head back through the dynamite trap, it's too far to reach, and there's no way to go through the whole cave again.

The only thing I can think of it to use some trick. Say, using some trick to jump off of a platform that's under terrain. If I could jump off the edge of that, I might be able to get up there. I wasn't able to do it before getting stuck, so I'm not really sure it'd work, and you know, that's not much better than pushing a boulder through the floor (which is still a possible solution; it's not too hard to fix by putting a spike above the down arrow in the next room, so that the boulder lands on the arrow instead of blocking it).
krotomo
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Tuesday, November 10 2009, 7:32 pm EST
The Shepherd

Age: 20
Karma: 249
Posts: 4066
Gender: Male
Location: My chair
pm | email
canadianstickdeath said:
Lol, I just totally messed up, and pushed the bottom boulder too early, so they didn't end up pushing at the same time, but then, MIRACLE!, the top boulder TURNED AROUND! Not only did I not die, I could still push the bottom boulder! But, it wasn't over yet. After hitting the dynamite, I still had to push what-was-the top boulder over to the other boulder, so that it could be blown up, and there was JUST enough time. WOAH!

Why did you change it so much, lol. Couldn't you have just removed the secret area? Anyway...

I have another question. How am I supposed to both, get the last treasure, and get to the door? So after I get the treasures up at the top, I can either go for the treasure, or head for the door. If I go for the treasure, then I can't knock down the metal crates to allow me to get to the door. I could try reaching the wooden crates from below, but it's too far. I can't hit them down during the speed trap, because one will get blown up from the dynamite, and if I wait for the right time to knock it down, I can't finish the rest of the trap in time. If I let one get blown up, there's no boulders to push down along with the metal crate. Then, if I head for the door instead (where I can knock the metal crate down), there's no way to get to the other side of the secret area. If I head back through the dynamite trap, it's too far to reach, and there's no way to go through the whole cave again.

The only thing I can think of it to use some trick. Say, using some trick to jump off of a platform that's under terrain. If I could jump off the edge of that, I might be able to get up there. I wasn't able to do it before getting stuck, so I'm not really sure it'd work, and you know, that's not much better than pushing a boulder through the floor (which is still a possible solution; it's not too hard to fix by putting a spike above the down arrow in the next room, so that the boulder lands on the arrow instead of blocking it).
Lol. I know I fixed that you couldn't get to the door after getting the last treasure. But the edit isn't there.. and if you cheat the dynamite trap, you won't have enough time in the top room and you won't get the final gold.
sinpokman
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 8:01 am EST

Karma: -9
Posts: 361
Gender: Male
pm | email
9.5/10
Amazing!
I agree with Isa . I like this cave .  


Timezone : GMT+8
Do you want to play Boxhead ?
Boxhead More Rooms:
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Boxhead-More-Rooms.html
Boxhead The zombie Wars:
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Boxhead-The-Zombie-Wars.html
canadianstickdeath
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 5:46 pm EST

Age: 31
Karma: 350
Posts: 2990
Gender: Male
pm | email
8.6/10
Great
2.9/5 — Normal
Yeah, I'm not really sure what else to say. I've mostly played though it, and yeah, I liked it. Perhaps not as enthusiastically as Isa, but it was still a good cave... Ummm...
Quirvy
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 8:12 pm EST
  

Karma: 655
Posts: 7745
Gender: Male
pm | email
Hey, I was one of the first to support krotos recent levels. But then jebby was all "blah blah blah more variation blah blah blah"

For me, kroto's caves are really the only ones that I can ever make any decent length into the cave. This one, I just now realized that I can go to the right, so it might be a while before I get far enough to rate



spooky secret
krotomo
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 8:40 pm EST
The Shepherd

Age: 20
Karma: 249
Posts: 4066
Gender: Male
Location: My chair
pm | email
Quirvy said:
Hey, I was one of the first to support krotos recent levels. But then jebby was all "blah blah blah more variation blah blah blah"

For me, kroto's caves are really the only ones that I can ever make any decent length into the cave. This one, I just now realized that I can go to the right, so it might be a while before I get far enough to rate
Well you're not supposed to go right... I'll fix that.
Quirvy
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 8:47 pm EST
  

Karma: 655
Posts: 7745
Gender: Male
pm | email
Then what are you supposed to do? The only other thing I could think of is landing on the dynamite so that it goes right, but that only works about 50% of the time, so I have my doubts about that



spooky secret
canadianstickdeath
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 9:15 pm EST

Age: 31
Karma: 350
Posts: 2990
Gender: Male
pm | email
That got me too at first, Q. You gotta use that down arrow to destroy a spike, so that you can get the boulder back out of that area, so that you can both reach the crate that knocks the dynamite down, and crawl into that area when it falls. Kinda simple, really, but the using the arrow on the spike is what made it hard for me to spot the obvious, for some reason.
Quirvy
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Wednesday, November 11 2009, 9:16 pm EST
  

Karma: 655
Posts: 7745
Gender: Male
pm | email
Oh, I didn't even think of that. I originally thought we pushed the boulder under the arrow, but I was confused on what the point of that was. Well, that makes a lot more sense now.



spooky secret
Isa
[?] Karma: 0 | Quote - Link
Thursday, November 12 2009, 4:25 am EST
No. I'm an octopus.

Age: 28
Karma: 686
Posts: 7833
Gender: Male
Location: Uppsala, Sweden - GMT +1
pm | email
It really is quite a clever trap due to how simple and obvious it is, making it difficult for us just because we're looking for more advanced solutions.

« Forum Index < The Hannah and the Pirate Caves Board

In order to post in the forums, you must be logged into your account.
Click here to login.

© 2021 The Interguild | About & Links | Contact: livio@interguild.org
All games copyrighted to their respective owners.