It's about time I finished this.
Also, I moved the update thread to the Platformers Board this time since that way I can classify it as a HATPC Reborn topic. Hopefully it's not too hard to find.
You can play the new version here
You'll probably be wanting to know what's in this update:
* Checkpoints and enhanced tutorial messages. They use a new syntax of my own design, which I will write a guide on soon. In the meantime, you can see how the syntax is used on the campaign levels
* The level select screen (which can be used with either keyboard or mouse)
* The user level load screen
* Both of the aforementioned screens can be exited with the escape key
* You now have infinite lives on user levels.
* Added terrain type 2
* Added metal dynamite crates
* Treasure count displayed at the top of the screen
* Tutorial message fading in and out animations
* You no longer can clip into solid blocks using platforms.
* You can, however, clip into boulders and will push them in the direction you are facing
* Colliding horizontally with crates in midair no longer bounces you back like it does when you collide with them on the ground.
* Tutorial messages (and checkpoints with the at() and in() parameters) trigger in a slightly smaller area.
* User levels should now always load the current version (instead of sometimes loading a recent one instead)
* Level files are now totally case-insensitive. So use whatever case you want.
* Fixed a bug that caused some user levels to have the top few layers cut off.
* Jumping is a bit smoother now, since if you press jump shortly before hitting the ground, you'll actually jump.
* Sounds should be more consistent now.
* You can no longer land on the edge of blocks that have spikes on them. You can still be in that state, but only if you got there some way other than falling.
Hopefully this new update will make HATPC Reborn usable for level makers to make user levels for, and also give level makers some new tools to make those levels great. For now, the new features I added have to be manually entered in the text file, but I'm working with Jebby to help him update CaveGen to support them.