So Atvelonis recently posted
about finding some weird statue deep underground in Minecraft. I made it, and it's a rough approximation of a purple okapi (go figure). Basically, my first idea of what to build on the server was a bunch of okapi statues scattered around the server in relatively not easy locations and make a sort of contest to see who could find them all first. Actually that first night I got my builder powers on the server when everyone was TPing to me in some random cave room was me attempting to do so (note: there's not one there, lol). But soon I realized there was probably not enough activity on the server to sustain an actual contest, and people don't often go off on ventures in the middle of nowhere, so I scrapped the ideas and just started building some for the lulz around the server.
Then Atvelonis found one, I actually really didn't expect one to be found so soon. I expected someone to post like 2 years from now going "WTH is this?" and it taking me 30 seconds to remember that I actually made that. But now that I've seen it's actually possible to find one, and the person who located it seemed generally enjoy the experience, I'll shall slightly make a slightly altered plan.
- If you find one on the server and post a pic of it (preferably in this topic), I'll give you karma.
- I don't know how I'll handle more than one person finding the same statue, I guess I can go with if they make it really obvious as to the location of the statue by listing coordinates or telling everyone to TP to them when they find it, the first discoverer will get the karma. If they post a screenshot with little to no info on its location, others may be eligible with the same statue in the future. Therefore this one Atvelonis discovered is a done deal since he posted the coordinates.
- I haven't kept track of the exact locations of the statues, but I know what general viscinity they're all in, so I will know if you just build one yourself.
- Some are more easier to find than others, Atvelonis probably found one of the more difficult ones; they're not all in the depths on some cave in the corner of the world.
- Why, you ask? Just to spice things, up spread the Purple Okapi religion, and just give you the comfort of knowing someone else has been in that area of the server before you. Other people on the server can make things lively, but exploring a vast uncharted area of the server can be desolate and lonely.
- They aren't meant to make some wacky scavenger hunt to go on and find them all at once. They're just something cool to stumble upon while going your regular ways about the server.
- I don't know the exact number of statues that I've made, but as of now it's less than 10. I may build more in the future. If you accidentally destroy one or something just try and reconstruct it the best you can (9 stone bricks and 9 or 10 purple clay pieces).
- Thanks Atvelonis!